Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Raelene

Default Perth sand improvement

"Ivan McDonagh" wrote in message
. 67...
"Raelene" wrote in
u:

There used to be a group of fellow that advertised on the web that
they'd drop of a trailor load of whatever in exchange for a carton of
beer. It was a legit business that happen to offer mulch, etc for
free. However, I believe it's stopped now.

You can get mulch for free from your local tip.

Raelene - sth of the river.
xxx

What a pity they've stopped !

I didn't think about mulch from the tip - some of us just aren't very
bright I suppose *LOL*

Never mind, my brother knows a fellow with a 11m3 tipper so I'll bite the
bullet and get him to pick up 2 or 3 loads of chook poop for me. I made
some enquiries on the cost and one of the local farms (southern river)
offers to load a trailer (any -reasonable- size) for $20/load. I'm
expecting that the tipper will cost in the region of $100/load but that
seems like a good investment.

I'll go with the original plan, rotary hoe just before planting to make
sure everything is really well mixed in and then do a soil test.

Thanks for the replies.

Ivan.

Ivan: go to ------------ http://www.mulchnet.com/

If you get some, I want half. ;-)