Old 04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Aria

Default tomato plants

My tomatoes always split open before they are ripe and then they rot. What
could be causing this?

"JANEW." wrote in message ...
Seems a bit early. Depending where you live, tomatoes shouldn t be
transplanted out earlier than late April or May.

Many people try planting tomatoes too early. A cold snap that hits after
being transplanted can damage the plants roots and the plants will not
grow well after that.

rose wrote:

I've just started my tomato seed indoors (zone 8).

Each year, my tomato plants do not have that "thick
trunk", like the tomato plants sold in stores.

How do I grow tomato plants with thick trunks, for
transplanting after frost?