Old 05-01-2004, 12:13 AM
anton

Default Fruit Trees needed

doug. wrote in message ...
In message , Roy Bailey
writes

One place that springs to mind is the National Fruit Collection at

Brogdale
Horticultural Trust, Faversham, Kent. Tel: 01795 535462 or 535286. They

have a
sample of every fruit tree you can think of.

http://www.brogdale.org/index.html

Don't buy those straggling things sold by the normal garden centres.,
they're for big gardens or orchards.
You need bushes which have been grafted or - (sometimes)- budded on
dwarfing rootstock. There's a name for it but I've forgotten it,- M 26
or summat like that. You can buy them from the firms like Brogdale,
(which - If I remember correctly, used to be the national fruit research
centre funded by the Government until they withdrew the funding to save
money and flogged it off to private ownership.) Which firm, - mind
you,- does a great job. I have dealt with them in my small way.

Brogdale Horticultural trust is a charity- see url above.

have fun

--
Anton