Old 05-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Ray

Default Media for semi hydroponic

Yc,

As I have already answered directly, there is no current distributor of
PrimeAgra in Canada. I am the importer to North America, so I should
know... But I'm always looking! (Anyone interested?)

I have no personal experience with either hydroton or hydrocorn, but if
those are what's available, why not give them a try?

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Yc" wrote in message
. ..
Happy New Year everyone!

LTNS to those I used to chat with.

After 3 years of benign neglect, my orchids are demanding a more
sophisticated neglect. Hence semi hydroponic.

I cannot find a Canadian supplier for the PrimeAgra clay pellets that
Ray Barkalow of First Rays Orchids uses for his semi hydroponic
culture. (Of course I can buy them from Ray, but I am trying to avoid
paying UPS to ship rocks.) Does anyone know of a Canadian supplier of
PrimeAgra?

Failing that, has anyone used other expanded clay pellets called
Hydroton or another called Hydrocorn? Those are the two brands I can
find locally. How do they compare to PrimeAgra?

Thanks.

Yc