Old 05-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Martin Sykes

Default ficus family disaster

"Julie Clark" wrote in message
Hi all
I am desperate for some help here. I have a house plant that is over 6 ft
tall now that I have had for over 10 years (2 different houses) All I know
about it is that it is a member of the ficus family but I don't know which

snip
The christmas tree is for moving tonight and the ficus gets its home back
but is there anything I can do to help its recovery?
Thanks

Possibly a weeping fig. Very commonly sold in garden centres, ikea and
supermarkets etc. I've got one in the living room about 5ft tall. I've also
got a smaller one about 18 inches on a windowsill and last year it lost
*all* of its leaves about this time. Possibley it got just a bit too cold
near the front door. It is now covered in leaves again although a few lower
branches died back but I quite like the effect as it looks a bit like a
bonsai now...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )