Old 05-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Zygopetalum!

I cannot tell you how many times I've talked people out of buying a plant,
and it surprises the hell out of them!

I couldn't agree more, Ray. The major part of my working life has been in
sales and sales management, and one thing I pounded into new salespeople was
to look out for the customer. Doing so is to ensure an ongoing relationship
based on trust, which is sadly lacking in too many cases. I used to present
a chart to show how one client, who I talked out of selling her property,
led to 36 transactions down the line.

IMO, Caveat Emptor is a sure road to less sales in the long run.

Diana