Old 05-01-2004, 11:36 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Trunk chopping a Scotts Pine

With Scots (P sylvestris) it is safest to leave at least some branches
that have VIGOROUS buds. Lowest branches often have much weaker buds
that may just abort. With this species, as with many other pines it is
safest to make haste slowly. Remove some of the top this year and some
more next year until you get down to where you want to be.

Get them growing healthily with good feeding and well developed
mycorrhizae and they will respond and develop much faster.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales