Old 06-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Nwwise01

Default 38 Gallon Habitat- need advice

The tank will be
set up with Eco-Complete as the substrate, 2 Flora Sun 25 Watt (8500 K)
Florescent tubes for the lighting, and an Aquaclear 300 filter for the
filtration. I am also looking for some comments on the species I have
selected... and if I am on target with the numbers of these plants for my 38
gallon tank size.

As far as the species coexisting, I see no problems. That is a rather large
variety for a 38 gallon tank. I personally would go with larger quantities of
fewer species. The major problem I see is your lighting. With only 50 watts
over 38 gallons, that's only about 1 1/3 watts per gallon, not much good for
anything except low light plants.

N. Wise