Old 06-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Sacha

Default ficus family disaster

Julie Clark6/1/04 9:39

Thanks everyone I live in hope of a(n almost) full recovery! Sacha,
don't water it? My obvious near neglect seems to suit it then? How often
would you recommend watering it?

snip

I'm not a houseplant expert but more things are killed by over-watering than
little watering. I'd suggest that as with most things, you water it only
when it feels dry (though not parched) and that, above all, you let it drain
well before putting it back in its position. When I water any of our
houseplants, I do it in the sink and then let them stand there until the
water has all drained away. Even I haven't killed anything off recently!
However, it sounds as if you've been doing everything right until the recent
'move', so let's hope that's a temporary sulk and you can go back to your
usual routine.
One of the best problems re a houseplant came from a friend in USA who had a
baby Norfolk Island Pine indoors and couldn't understand what was wrong with
it. She had it right beside the hot air vent in their living room.......
;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk