Old 07-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Chris Solo

Default [IBC] Getting started questions

I bought five COMMON OLIVE (OLEA EUROPAEA) seeds. I like the tree itself and decided to try my hand at growing these and training them into Bonsai. I know it is going to take years, but I am willing to go for it. Any help you can give me would be greatly
appreciated. I'm looking for the type of soil to start them in, when to start them, pot size, fertilizer, how much light, and anything else that would help.
2nd question:
I would also like to buy an established tree. I have been looking at some on the "Bonsai Boy of New York's" web site....http://www.bonsaiboy.com/index.html
What tree would everyone recommend for me (a beginner)?
Is this grower a good place to buy trees from?
I am interested in an outside tree and also an inside tree.
Thanks,
Chris
Upstate NY...Binghamton area
USDA Zone 5, Sunset Zone 1-2