Old 07-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Therefore

Default Spent mushroom compost

Hello Hazel
why would they wish to kill off the mushrooms surely they would only spawn a
short time

..........................Leslie

"Hazell B" wrote in message
s.com...
Bob wrote:
*Can anybody identify a source for this in the North Derbyshire
area.

*

Can't help for North Derbyshire, as I worked at a mushroom farm in East
Yorks (near Beverley) but would suggest you look out for an address of
the growers society and contact them for any local farms.

The bales may not be the size you expect, and contain mostly straw, but
that amount would almost certainly be available from most farms very
quickly. They probably have a wagon that collects from them weekly and
it won't be able to drop off to you (ours went for B&Q grobags, once
mixed with sawdust and peat) but if you collect the price may be less
anyway. We charged 50p I think per 18 x 12 x 6 inch bale. They are very
heavy when collected as have usually been steamed to kill off the
mushrooms, so you'll need a strong vehicle and trailer.

One last thing - they stink!
--
Hazell B
I'm thinking of starting a lawn laying business and calling it Sodding