Old 07-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Trunk chopping a Scotts Pine

Thanks to those who responded. Michael, I should have been more specific
about the tree I am talking about. For some reason, it is difficult to find
Scotts Pines at the nurseries here. When I did find one, at a decent price,
I bought it. So, it is a nursery plant with a trunk diameter of about 1.5"
and is about 2.5' tall. It has an initial sworl of weak branches and then
slightly above that had a sworl of larger strongly growing branches. The
trunk, of course, is slightly swollen at that point and I'll have to deal
with that at some point. I am contemplating chopping just above the one
branch that have left there and using it as the new leader. This would be
at approximately 1/3 the way up the trunk.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++