Old 07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Sandra

Default Harvesting worms from compost.......

Hi Tony,

I bought my worms from an old guy who told me to put something delicious on
the top of the pile in one spot, leave it for a couple of hours then scoop
en masse. Delicious = watermelon, soft tomato. A Gardening Australia book on
composting suggested protein eg break an egg or two on top and let them eat
it.

Sandra

"Toby" wrote in message
I have two big compost bins to which I added some worms; they did a
great job but now I want to separate the worms from the cast material
and compost in the bins so that I can start again. Any ideas how this
can be done? No, I don't want to pick them out by hand!

Toby