Old 08-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Trunk chopping a Scotts Pine

In a message dated 1/7/2004 4:49:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
I am contemplating chopping just above the one
branch that have left there and using it as the new leader. This would be
at approximately 1/3 the way up the trunk.
Jeff:

This is most likely a better decision for several reasons:

1. This is more a reduction in height than a major elimination of 2/3's of
the tree (a considerable trunk chop).
2. A nicely positioned leader can readily assume the position of apex if it
is managed with soundly applied technique.
3. Desirable results will most like present themselves within 1-2 years if
the energy of the tree is appropriately managed.

If you have a picture of the tree, please post it for our viewing.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++