Old 08-01-2004, 03:17 AM
K Barrett

Default Odontobrassia PLEASE HELP!!

Well, I'd think you'd be looking for a new bulb to start growing from the
side of the old bulb. That should show up any time now. depending on the
season.

Look at the base of the old bulb either side where the bract attaches (which
could be dried brown by now). Gently peer beneath the bract and you should
see a tuft of baby leaves starting. That's the new pseudobulb from which
the Kenneth Bivins will bloom. In a month or two.

I'd say give it some time, because we are in winter and you are much darker
than I am in California or Kenni is in Florida, so I'd expect yours to start
to grow late Feb or so.

All is not lost!

K Barrett
"Harold" wrote in message
nope, nothing. no spike to even have a pseudobulb on!
any help you could give would be great.!
Thanks,
harold
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Harold, has it made any new bulbs? It will flower from a new bulb. (Real
term is pseudobulb, but let's not look too intellectual)

K Barrett

"Harold" wrote in message
i have an odontobrassia kenneth bivens and my girlfriend, the former

owner
cut off the flower spike so that it would get bigger but its been

quite
while now and it wont start a new one so i was wondering if anyone

could
help me to help it to do so. it is in a window that gets pretty good

light
with a temp of about 68 degrees or so and i live in the detroit area,

just
to let you know its winter for the sun cycle.
Thanks in advance!
Harold.