Old 08-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Composting Paper

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:35:16 GMT, deepeddygirl
wrote:

I was told that the AAS uses soy-based inks so they would actually be
beneficial to the soil. Those glossy ads with lots of color seem like
they would have nasty chemicals so I wouldn't use them.

Agreed. Seems like it would be difficult to avoid making paper
mache', anyway. When they composted the phone books a year or so ago
I suspect they used organic waste solids from a sewage treatment plant
in order to avoid creating a cellulose goop.

But to do this I would want one of the nicer rotating compost barrels.
Any recommendations? They appear to run in the range of $300 to $500.

Rusty Mase