Old 08-01-2004, 10:02 PM
William Hill

Default Odontobrassia PLEASE HELP!!

Susan Erickson wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:15:41 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Well, I'd think you'd be looking for a new bulb to start growing from the
side of the old bulb. That should show up any time now. depending on the
season.

Look at the base of the old bulb either side where the bract attaches (which
could be dried brown by now). Gently peer beneath the bract and you should
see a tuft of baby leaves starting. That's the new pseudobulb from which
the Kenneth Bivins will bloom. In a month or two.

I'd say give it some time, because we are in winter and you are much darker
than I am in California or Kenni is in Florida, so I'd expect yours to start
to grow late Feb or so.

All is not lost!

What you need are 5-6 more plants then you won't worry over 1. One
orchid plant can make you crazy!!! You do need more light though---put
it near or under more light & plug the light (s) into a timer so you
get 12 hours on & 12 hours off. Hope this helps, Bill
K Barrett

it is in a window that gets pretty good
light with a temp of about 68 degrees or so and i live in the detroit area,
just to let you know its winter for the sun cycle.
Thanks in advance!
Harold.

I am afraid the CA and FL advise will lead you down the fast
track Harold. In a window in the midwest - even good light is
poor. Your probably not going to get two bloom cycles a year.
But do not give up hope. This plant needs to grow that pbulb and
leaves to the same size as your other pbulbs. Then you can
expect to get a new flower spike. Just keep it happy and (the
orchid grower's nightmare) wait. It takes time to develop the
energy to produce those lovely flowers.

ex-Chicago grower.
SuE