Old 09-01-2004, 02:02 AM
TU

Default dendrobium thyrsiflorum care

"Cezary Struniewicz" wrote in message ...
Tong

Thank you, especially for informations based on your experience,
I am really begining orchid grower, and this is my first seson (winter)
I spend with these plants. Till now, I observed, my two other dendrobiums
have thrown away leafs on winter - as I have read in literature - and I
expect
they start wegetation on spring (I hope). Does den thyrsifloum do such
things?
Could you write me about the frequence of fertilizing, I mean is this every
two
weaks?

Cezary

Some dendrobiums drop leaves in winter, some only do so when winter is
very cold. Den thyrsiflorum don't normally drop leaves in winter, but
they do drop leaves as the pseudobulbs mature.
They should have new growths in Spring, but if you keep them quite
cold in winter it might be late spring or early summer before you see
new growths.
I only fertilise mine every 2 weeks or so and only when I see new
growths and new roots. Whatever you do, keep in mind that your growing
conditions are different from mine, a lot colder in winter and shorter
spring/summer perhaps.

Good luck with your growing
Tong