Old 09-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Bob Hobden

Default 300% survival

"David wrote in message
Yes that's right............

A few weeks ago I found a load of daff bulbs that I had forgotten about

from
autumn 2002, some were still in their nets and others were in poly bags

with
10 bulbs to a bag.
I dumped them outside meaning to dump them, looked at them around Xmas

time
and found many were sprouting.
Today finally got round to doing something with them, and was really
surprised to find that the ones in the poly bags had a great survival

rate,
one bag actually had 32 bulbs all sprouting(from the 10 bulbs).
So far have planted up 2 bread trays all bulb thick and am expecting to

get
another 2 trays tomorrow, so those worried about planting out their bulbs
from last Autumn take note.
These bulbs had been in an old caravan for around 12 months then outside

for
about 8 weeks.

Just drove past a GC in Ripley, Surrey, and they were planting bulbs,
presumably those left over, along their fence and in their tubs outside.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
359 data units completed.