Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 PM
chaz

Default Cherry Treee for South?

"Hal" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 03:54:48 GMT, animaux wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 23:57:23 GMT, "chaz" opined:

I am in SC and am shopping for a couple of cherry trees. I wanted to

know
what kind of recommendation I could get on a mail order farm for these?

have catalogs from Jung Seeds and Shumway.

I havent bought a tree before so I am asking.

chaz-

Cherries do not do well further south than Virginia.

I climbed a cherry tree near Yorktown and ate some about 50 some odd
years ago and I believe you are talking about fruiting cherry trees
and I believe you.

I don't know the answer to the original poster's question, and he
didn't say fruit/flower, but look what we have in the heart of
Georgia:

http://www.cherryblossom.com/
http://www.cherryblossom.com/history.htm

Regards