Old 09-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Shiva

Default Stop me before I buy more

ed wrote:

been there, done that....snowing today, off work, might do it again...what
better thing to do on a snowy day than treasure hunt at wally world....I
look more for healthy appearing plants, then I look to see "what kind" it
is....such fun
ed

Ha! It's snowing here, too, has been since early morning. It's gorgeous.
I'm in Raleigh, NC, where are you?

Back to 'Mart roses, I do think there is a lot to be said for getting
them right off the truck--i.e. when they first arrive--if you insist on
buying the bagged ones. And that ought to be sometime between now and Feb.
in most places.

I agree it is fun coming home with the "bargains." What is NOT fun to me
is having them die or languish or just creep along sadly while the
quality roses (the ones whose roots have not been hacked to fit in
small bags) leap forward in the spring. Even the potted ones do not do
as well. If they could just find a way to package the cheapies so that
they don't have to cut the roots so short. It does handicap the roses.