Old 10-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Cass Bernstein

Default Stop me before I buy more

In article , Mark. Gooley
wrote:

I bought 20 bare-root bagged-with-wood-waste and dipped-in-wax
cheapo ($2.97 to $5.97) roses at WalleyeMart StuporCenters ...

Why do I do these things? I think it's just that I'm a skinflint. I
don't even like HT roses that much, and most of what I bought are
HTs, and grafted, and...

Because out of the batch you'll probably get a few you like. Hell, I
bought some terrific Home Despot roses last year - Outta the Blue x 2
and Granada, for starters. Yep, I found an OR rose at Long's Drugstore
a couple of years ago. My approach is even more skinflint than yours. I

Are you sure it's wax? Or is it an antidessicant like wilt pruf?