Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 AM
cat daddy

Default Composting Paper

"Rusty Mase" wrote in message
Anyone have advice on doing this? I tire of hauling my newspapers
down to recycle center. A neighbor has a small Troy Built
shredder/mulcher and I might borrow it and experiment some.

I threw some Chronicles (crumpled, not shredded) in my bin last August
when I needed more brown material and they decomposed in about six weeks. I
don't think composting newspaper as a main ingredient would be too
successful, especially in a tumbler. I don't know how big a worm composter
would have to be to eat a newspaper a day. But, soaked newspaper
incorporated into a regular compost heap would seem the best way.

composting newspaper.......
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...029425910.html