Old 10-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Tom La Bron

Default Algae on surfaces

Ken,

Don't know where you are at, but with the assumption you are in a warmer
climate and your pond is running, but in some what of a winter mode, the
algae is all right. My pond is still running while temps in the pond
fluctuate from 58 degrees a week ago to 34 degrees last night, I still have
algae growing on the sides of some of the pots in the pond and even have
some string algae but nothing obnoxious. Let it alone. When spring comes
you will need this advance algae to help with the waste in the water before
the biobugs get the their colonies going again to take care of the waste the
fish are producing.

Tom L.L.
"Ken Russell" wrote in message
u...
My pond is free from algae except for the surfaces of the liner and hoses
etc. My wife says we should get rid of all of it, but I think the surface
covering is good for the fish.

Am I right?

--
Ken Russell