Old 11-01-2004, 07:42 AM

Default Live plants necessary?

"Jack Dotson" wrote in message ...
I recently started a fresh water tank and have used only fake plants. Are
live plants necessary for a healthy tank. And, if so, is their a FAQ on
this subject for me to learn what ones I need?

Thanks

No they are not needed.
But you can read the benefit of plants at www.thekrib.com
You can adda plant to any fish set up, marine or FW etc and use plants
for the design, the filtration and overall look of the tank.

Plastic plants are very tacky. Why not have plastic fish too?
Easy to keep, cheap, don't die, don't even need water

Generally folks want a more natural, or perhaps even exceed nature
some, aquariums for their fish.

My fish regularly breed in my planted tanks.

You can check out some plant sites, the Aquatic Gardeners Association
and the contest they have is also a good place to start.
Look around, read up and form a goal.

Then go after that goal.

Regards,
Tom Barr