Old 12-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Kirra

Default shade

"Mary Lou" wrote in message ...
BlankAre there any roses that do well in partial shade?

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou,

I did a google search on "shade roses" and there are quite a few results.

One really good one (that didn't say don't bother) was http://logos.goodnews.net/~kkrugh/rose/shade1.htm written by Kent B. Krugh. He talks about which roses he has had the best success with in partial shade: "The hybrid musks I grow (Danae, Felicia, Penelope, Moonlight, and especially Ballerina) as well as Gruss an Aachen are my best repeat blooming roses that receive partial sun/shade."

He goes on to do tables of suggested shade tolerant roses from various books ordered by rose type. At the bottom he then has a table of the most frequently recommended roses for shade. This web page seems to be comprehensive and a good place to start.

Happy rose hunting!

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia