Old 12-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default glamis caste and charlotte...anyone have experience in SE?

Shiva wrote:

It's not off season! Winter is dreaming season, thinking about extant
beds and planning additions to them; dreaming up new beds; going over those
catalogs both hardcopy and online and planning orders, then ordering.

All those catalogs pouring in, all those things I want and not enough
land to plant them all. *sigh* How can these people be so cruel? *grin*

I am in Raleigh, downtown in Oakwood, and I grow lots of Austins but not
Glamis Castle or Charlotte. Most of my Austins are too young to really
comment on. I do have an older (five years old) Jude the Obscure on its
own roots that does quite well.

I'm the last of the triangle crew I think that hasn't chimed in. I'm in
Durham, northeast Durham off of Wake Forest Hwy (98) to be more precise.
I'm currently growing mainly hybrid teas but am trying to decide waht
I am going to dig up this year to put in an austin or three. The one
rose I have that fits the SP rule - put out or get out - has the most
glorious blooms when it does bloom. OTOH, at 3+ years old and still not
much more than a foot high, I think it's time to go.

Welcome to rgr! We don't have many Raleigh people who post here, so we
may not be able to help much with regional questions, but there are lots
of good rosers around.

In addition, I also follow triangle.gardens and rec.ponds as I have a
lot of other things in my yard aside for roses. Tomatoes, herbs,
flowers to attract hummingbirds, birds and bees along with an ornamental
pond.

Susan
shsimkoatduke[dot]edu