Old 12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
JohanTV

Default How Much to Feed your Koi ; The Calculated Answer

() wrote in message ...
Something like 3% (fish body weight) per day seemed to work
right when I last checked. Now I feed what they'll eat,
when they'll eat -- and they always eat (3x/day) unless it's
cold, then perhaps never, for months. Still comes out to
about 3%/day (as in, 5 lb fish gets 5 lbs of feed a month
during summer, or 25 lbs of fish consume 50 lbs of feed in
67 days).

Obviously everybody is free to feed their koi as they want to.
Also listening/looking at you kois behaviour is perfect.
The downloads work especially well for beginnning koikeepers who tend
to over/underfeed their koi. If you´re an experienced koikeeper you
know best how much to feed your koi. Anyway the schedules will give a
calculated answer and provide your koi with a proper diet for specific
watertemperatures.

Thanks for you reply and have lot´s of koifun in 2004.

regards

Johan

http://home.tiscali.nl/johantv/koi/index_eng.html