Old 30-12-2003, 07:02 PM
JohanTV

Default How Much to Feed your Koi ; The Calculated Answer

Ever wondered what the exact answer is to the following question;
What, When and How Much to feed my Koi at different watertemperatures?

Here is the calculated answer.

Download you own feedingschedule.
Enter you koi length and the tool calculates the bodyweight of your
koi and additionally give a feedingadvise for all watertemperatures.

Have fun feeding you koi in 2004.

Koihappy New Year

Johan

The Link :
http://home.tiscali.nl/johantv/koi/index_eng.html
Old 10-01-2004, 08:02 PM

Something like 3% (fish body weight) per day seemed to work
right when I last checked. Now I feed what they'll eat,
when they'll eat -- and they always eat (3x/day) unless it's
cold, then perhaps never, for months. Still comes out to
about 3%/day (as in, 5 lb fish gets 5 lbs of feed a month
during summer, or 25 lbs of fish consume 50 lbs of feed in
67 days).

--
'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`' `'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
SLOTHEAD
Old 12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
JohanTV

() wrote in message ...
Something like 3% (fish body weight) per day seemed to work
right when I last checked. Now I feed what they'll eat,
when they'll eat -- and they always eat (3x/day) unless it's
cold, then perhaps never, for months. Still comes out to
about 3%/day (as in, 5 lb fish gets 5 lbs of feed a month
during summer, or 25 lbs of fish consume 50 lbs of feed in
67 days).

Obviously everybody is free to feed their koi as they want to.
Also listening/looking at you kois behaviour is perfect.
The downloads work especially well for beginnning koikeepers who tend
to over/underfeed their koi. If you´re an experienced koikeeper you
know best how much to feed your koi. Anyway the schedules will give a
calculated answer and provide your koi with a proper diet for specific
watertemperatures.

Thanks for you reply and have lot´s of koifun in 2004.

regards

Johan

http://home.tiscali.nl/johantv/koi/index_eng.html

Detailed answer to your question on how cold your fish can get Gill Passman Ponds 1 20-02-2007 03:35 PM
How much should i feed koi? Dave Ponds 4 02-06-2005 08:25 PM
How much do you feed your dogs? Wanda Australia 9 29-07-2003 10:44 PM
To Feed or Not to Feed GF Robert Ramirez Ponds 2 15-06-2003 11:20 PM