Old 13-01-2004, 04:02 AM

Default Whinge here about your garden!

I know there is a drought, but i thought ahead and installed FOUR water
tanks on my suburban block.
My water bill is 1/2 what it was this time last year and everything is
thriving.

Luckily we had some 'good' rains in Melbourne just as the tanks were
starting to empty. Im in the middle of January and my water tanks are full
and my vegies are thriving.

Im very dissappointed with my fruit crops this year though, because the
Spring start was weird and late. Hope that doesnt continue.

http://www.jeack.com.au/~kirsty/03.yard.dec/dec.03.htm
"Chookie" wrote in message
This drought is really getting old. I've lost tomato plants, cucumbers,

you
name it -- this summer in Sydney has been a nightmare for vegie

gardeners...
just like last year :-(

On the plus side, my native garden has coped remarkably well, considering

planted it (mainly tubestock) a week before restrictions came in. Pity it
isn't tall enough to provide me with shade yet!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the

astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider

one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc