Old 13-01-2004, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Wind Chimes

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:10:53 GMT, "Broomhilda"
opined:

I have heard about a windchime that is sort of tuned???? Don't know what
they are called. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a bunch

Broom Hilda

There are wind chimes which have a certain resonance in their tone. They aren't
tuned in the way a guitar is tuned, but are placed with other lengths of
whatever the chime is made of to produce a melodic tone in conjunction with the
other notes of the chimes. The larger the chimes, the deeper the tones. I made
my own using copper pipe. I used 1.5" pipe cut at different lengths. I don't
know if mine are "tuned" to be harmonic or not, but they don't sound like those
annoying tinkly small ones.