Old 13-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Philip

Default A trip to Woolies

Janet Tweedy wrote in message ...
In article , Philip
writes
After that ramble back to the point. My Heated Propagator, can anyone
recommend and good books on propagation or alternatively, instant uses for
my new toy.

The two books I have are The gardening Which guide to Successful
propagation and The Complete Book of Propagation (Mitchell Beazley
pub.).
Garden news says to delay sowing most things at the moment but to try
tiny seeds such as geraniums and begonias etc as they need a longer
growing period. Don't forget though that you then have to grow them on
in some heat!

Janet

Janet

I sprouted a Satsuma pip in compost in the airing cupboard. Took
about 3 weeks to a month for anything to happen. There were 3 white
shoots each 2 - 3 mm long. About 2 weeks ago I potted it up and put
it on the windowcill.

If I am reading your last sentence correctly, I think I should have
continued with the warm conditions for my sprouted pip. Is that
correct ?

Phil