Old 13-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Rodney Pont

Default Too cold for bubblers?

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:30:18 -0500, Nicole Thompson wrote:

We added some friends (I've posted here in the past about that) and for the
winter, I bought bubbler stones - two long ones - which were working pretty
well until this really cold snap. My concern is that the water surrounding
the bubblers will freeze and burn up the pump (which is a cheap small one,
but works well) - and my worst fear is it'll catch on fire or something -
since I have the pump inside the house (figuring the warm house air going
into the bubblers wouldn't be a bad thing).

I'd just like to add to everyone comments that the moisture in the
house air will condense and freeze in the cold airline once it goes
outside, using the warm house air will block your air line so it's not
a good thing I'm afraid :-)

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail ngps07 (at) infohit (dot) fsnet (dot) co (dot) uk