Old 14-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Pond Newbie

Default Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons

Trying to find a natural looking crane or heron lawn ornament to put by my
new pond. Can someone tell me where such an item might be available?
thanks.

My pond supply dealer, Shari's Petal and Ponds, has a few different kinds. She is really
good with advice and help, too! I found her through RichToyBox, and have found her to be
really great to deal with!

Here is a link to her page:
http://petal-and-ponds.iswiz.com/products.html

The decoys are at the bottom of the page.
I like the sounds of the "fish" one... hahahaha. I think that would be funny to watch.

I was thinking of going with the Scarecrow, but the only thing that worries me is
forgetting to keep the batteries changed. We have cattle egrets here, but I have never
seen one near the pond, however something got my biggest koi last fall. I think it was due
to his tendency to jump into the bog that runs around the preformed pond. He always made a
lot of splashing noise, and I am sure that attracted some unwanted attention.

Good luck with your new pond!

--
DeAnna