Old 13-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Barbara2245

Default Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons

"Broomhilda" wrote in message ink.net...
Trying to find a natural looking crane or heron lawn ornament to put by my
new pond. Can someone tell me where such an item might be available?
thanks.

Pixi, alias Broomhilda

While in China I saw some fantastic ones that ran about $1400 plus
shipping.
I really liked them but alas I would have to mortgage the house. Try
Collections, Etc. they had sone small ones. Happy water gardening.
Old 14-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Pond Newbie

Trying to find a natural looking crane or heron lawn ornament to put by my
new pond. Can someone tell me where such an item might be available?
thanks.

My pond supply dealer, Shari's Petal and Ponds, has a few different kinds. She is really
good with advice and help, too! I found her through RichToyBox, and have found her to be
really great to deal with!

Here is a link to her page:
http://petal-and-ponds.iswiz.com/products.html

The decoys are at the bottom of the page.
I like the sounds of the "fish" one... hahahaha. I think that would be funny to watch.

I was thinking of going with the Scarecrow, but the only thing that worries me is
forgetting to keep the batteries changed. We have cattle egrets here, but I have never
seen one near the pond, however something got my biggest koi last fall. I think it was due
to his tendency to jump into the bog that runs around the preformed pond. He always made a
lot of splashing noise, and I am sure that attracted some unwanted attention.

Good luck with your new pond!

--
DeAnna

Old 14-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Broomhilda

Thanks to everyone!! Isn't Rich Toybox a gem? He has helped me so much.

Wouldn't mind a sandhill crane. Yesterday took my pooch for a walk to one
of Florida's socalled lakes. Little crippled duck lives there. Both feet
are lame and it can't walk but manages to swim and to fly.
I go everyday to feed it.

Anyway, three sandhill cranes got between me and the lake (in Michigan they
are called ponds) and really screeched. They made so darned much noise
people came out of their houses to see who was killing the wild life.

Wasn't me or my dog who was on a leash.

Thanks again.

Old 15-01-2004, 02:12 AM
RichToyBox

You make me blush.
--
RichToyBox

nk.net...

Old 15-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Broomhilda

Sorry about that, but facts are facts. Wait til I get back north to my new
pond. It's all finished but the landscaping but I am sure I will have tons
of questions.

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
You make me blush.
--
RichToyBox

Old 15-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Broomhilda

[...]

Cranes (the bird kind) and pond fish kathy Ponds 3 11-05-2005 05:57 AM
Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons Broomhilda Ponds 21 17-04-2004 08:11 PM
Cranes? jojo Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Cranes? jojo Texas 5 19-03-2003 03:58 PM
Making Hypertufa ornaments for you lawn and garden. Page updated fillyflash Gardening 0 22-02-2003 01:03 AM