Old 14-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Norma J. Briggs

Default Growing Herbs

Grow what you want...have fun and learn what works for you.

Hello, I live in a first floor flat and I would like to grow some
herbs for cooking.

Could anyone please recommend any herbs that would be suitable for
growing indoors. The flat does not have a balcony and there is not
much room on the window sills.

Basil, Chives and Dill would grow nicely indoors, will need nice

light
though-in fact I prefer to grow my Dill in a pot since some

bug/critter in
my yard eats the stalks clean before I can every harvest any!

Basil is the *last* thing I would try to grow indoors, much less in
this stated low-light situation.

---