Old 14-01-2004, 04:13 AM
Norma J. Briggs

Default fast growing tomato

Is there a breed of tomato that germinates (if I got the seeds started
within the week) and would produce by the second week of May? I live in zone
9, just south of Houston, so it is rather warm most of the year.

I ask this because I run a small "service learning" project for kids in a
disciplinary alternative school, and we have just been given a small raised
garden(10 by 6) to use.

Amazing that these otherwise hostile kids are excited about "planting
stuff." I really want them to plant something they can taste, so they can
make the personal connection. School gets out the 3rd week of May. Ideas are
greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Norma

---