Old 14-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] Fw: Allergy (Eczema?) Relief

From: Chris Cochrane
Subject: [IBC] Fw: Allergy (Eczema?) Relief

I find little relief from the skin on my knuckles drying, cracking &

peeling
in large, unsightly, oozing patches (... I apologize for the graphic
detail...) after working on bonsai or on landscape plants even a short
while.

Chris,
Not an uncommon gardeners complaint and you can hear lots of ways
different people approach it that could work. I find the most comfortable
for me, advised by my doctor, was to rub a moisturizing cream, best known
is Eucerin, generously into my skin - I hate to work with gloves.
Moisturizing and an oil protect the skin naturally. It will certainly
hasten a cure, too, so after washing hands use it to continue a healthy
skin conditioning, or use it overnight. I use it under gloves, too, if it
is a job with junipers or similar scratchy foliage. Btw, Eucerin is not
one of those expensive big names, but a long known and appreciated product.
Lynn

Lynn Boyd, Oregon USA
Zone 7-8

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++