Old 14-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default fast growing tomato

Norma J. Briggs said:

Is there a breed of tomato that germinates (if I got the seeds started
within the week) and would produce by the second week of May? I live in zone
9, just south of Houston, so it is rather warm most of the year.

My fastest-to-ripe-fruit varieties are '4th of July' and 'Stupice' (small slicers)
and 'SunGold' or 'SunSugar' (orange cherry).

I think the kcherry tomatoes would have more of a WOW! factor.

(attributed to Don Marti)