Old 14-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Broomhilda

Default Lawn Ornaments/Cranes, Herons

Thanks to everyone!! Isn't Rich Toybox a gem? He has helped me so much.

Wouldn't mind a sandhill crane. Yesterday took my pooch for a walk to one
of Florida's socalled lakes. Little crippled duck lives there. Both feet
are lame and it can't walk but manages to swim and to fly.
I go everyday to feed it.

Anyway, three sandhill cranes got between me and the lake (in Michigan they
are called ponds) and really screeched. They made so darned much noise
people came out of their houses to see who was killing the wild life.

Wasn't me or my dog who was on a leash.

Thanks again.
"Pond Newbie" wrote in message
Trying to find a natural looking crane or heron lawn ornament to put by

my
new pond. Can someone tell me where such an item might be available?
thanks.

My pond supply dealer, Shari's Petal and Ponds, has a few different kinds.

She is really
good with advice and help, too! I found her through RichToyBox, and have

found her to be
really great to deal with!

Here is a link to her page:
http://petal-and-ponds.iswiz.com/products.html

The decoys are at the bottom of the page.
I like the sounds of the "fish" one... hahahaha. I think that would be

funny to watch.

I was thinking of going with the Scarecrow, but the only thing that

worries me is
forgetting to keep the batteries changed. We have cattle egrets here, but

I have never
seen one near the pond, however something got my biggest koi last fall. I

think it was due
to his tendency to jump into the bog that runs around the preformed pond.

He always made a
lot of splashing noise, and I am sure that attracted some unwanted

attention.

Good luck with your new pond!

--
DeAnna