Old 14-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Default Hornwort dying off

I would have to say yes to this, either that or it has sucked all the
nutrients from the water column! Are you Macro ferting at all
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Todd Dunn" wrote in message
om...
I was growing hornwort like crazy! I'd prune it and bundle up clumps to

put
around my aquarium. It was growing about an inch a day.

I gave a huge bunch to a friend and they said that all the "pine needles"
started falling off within a day.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago, my hornwort started dying off - shedding

needles
and looking "brown and fuzzy." Now, I am at about 10% of what I had a

month
ago. I did have a run of ich in the tank. I treated the entire tank and
raised the temp to about 80F to accellerate the life cycle of the disease.

I lowered the heater setting, but it's been rather warm here in Florida.

The
tank has stayed about 78F. Do you think the higher heat could have caused
the plant die-off?

Thanks,

Todd