Old 15-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Starlord

Default Wind Chimes--responsible owners

Hay! There's a nice pile of BIG steel pipes up the road a ways, each one about
24inch wide, hmmm ... think I could cut them into 10ft long pices and make a
realy BIG windchime out of them.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , Frogleg
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:46:12 -0800,
(paghat) wrote:

Wind chims in gardens are horrifying. They are noisy & annoying & disturb
the natural sounds a garden can engender with birds & crickets & rainfall
& rustling leaves & water features.

Different strokes. I don't happen to have or care for wind chimes at
my house, but next door neighbor has one with gentle bell-like tones.
It's quite pleasant to hear on a breezy day. *Considerably* more
enjoyable than blue jays or squirrels yelling at each other. Wind
chimes in gardens have a long history, and are by no means chosen
exclusively by trailer park dwellers.

One not too loud & bongy chime is not the same as those loons who collect
them for all over their porch & on all sides of their houses.

The only noise I ever made that annoyed a neighbor was when a corner of
the deck's roof rattled in high winds. The neighbor came over with ladder,
drill, & bucket of screws, & asked if he could climb up there & fix it, &
said thanks yes.

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: