Old 15-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Kirra

Default Looking for a rose

"JM" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone could point me to somewhere where I might be able
to buy a rose called Jackie (breeder Moore Calf 1955)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry, Jan, but I couldn't find any where listed on the internet that sells
Jackie and since it is one of Mr Moore's older varieties, I imagine it would
be hard to find. Perhaps it might be easier to find someone who actually
grows it and get a cutting ... ?

Paul Barden wrote an interesting article in 2002 about roses dropping out of
commerce. He went on to specifically talk about Mr Moore's miniatures and
how some of them have been lost entirely. If you haven't read the article
already, perhaps you would be interested in reading it?
http://www.rdrop.com/%7Epaul/main_november2002.html

I hope you find Jackie.

Kirra
Brisbane