Old 15-01-2004, 07:32 AM
D Kat

Default Too cold for bubblers?

I keep a bubbler going in my pond all winter. It keeps the water from
freezing over where it bubbles up. The issue isn't oxygen so much as
keeping a hole open in the pond for gas from decomposing waste matter to
escape. I'm on Long Island and we have had the same temps.
DKat

"Nicole Thompson" wrote in message
Yes I'm sure - unfortunately - the high on Friday was 5 degrees F.

Today it got up to 18.....Monday and Tuesday it'll be in the 30's (will

feel
like a heatwave comparatively), then the temps will plummet again on
Wednesday for the foreseeable future - lows in the negative digits again.

Nicole - who *hates* winter (would like it much better if it only lasted
say.....*two* months!)

"Phil L" wrote in message
Nicole Thompson wrote:
: I live in Central PA - current temp - 5 degrees F - nighttime temps
: are below zero.

Are you sure about these temperatures?
5deg F is minus fifteen degrees C !!