Old 15-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] information plase

can some one can tell my where i can found some information on the berberis thunbergii

Berberis is such an obvious choice for bonsai, because of its small leaves and enthusiastic budding-back, that I don't think it gets the appreciation it deserves. Maybe because of the spines. Anyway, I am a huge gigantic fan of B. thunbergii 'aurea'. It
has lovely golden foliage, beautiful flowers, nice warty bark, and in the fall the leaves turn an indescribably beautiful orange color. It suffers from few diseases (we won't mention cereal rust) or pests, and you can start with a very large plant and pr
une it down to a pretty decent bonsai. I would recommend it to all beginners.

Nina Shishkoff

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++