Old 15-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Frogleg

Default Propagator?

Poster in the US. What IS a propagator? I've Googled some, but still
can't figure out if it's what I call a 'seed-starting' arrangement --
a usually foam plastic container of roughly 11x14x2" with 'cells' for
planter mix, some method of watering (usually a wick system of some
sort), and a clear plastic cover, or some sort of heated or larger or
entirely different creature. I start seeds in things like the
above-described, which I place over a separate (separately bought)
heating mat. The heating mat comes with a little metal frame so the
seed-starter thingy isn't resting ON the mat, but perhaps 1/2" above
it.

http://tinyurl.com/3avj9

displays something similar to what I've used (minus heating mat). Is
this a propagator? Thank you for any info.