Old 15-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Frogleg

Default can I move crocus now?

On 14 Jan 2004 01:22:33 -0800, (Katharine Mill)
wrote:

Is it safe to move crocus now (green shoots 3-4cm tall)? Seems like a
lot of bulbs are sold and shipped 'in the green' so I'm hoping it's
OK. I chucked in a lot of bulbs last year in then-bare garden, but now
there's more in it I want to make sure I can see them.

As others have posted, you *can*. If you don't absolutely have to move
them now, mark the clumps you want to transplant and lift them after
they've bloomed and the foliage dies down. Most bulbs love to be
disturbed/divided, but ideally not when they're in full vigor.