Old 15-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Kay Easton

Default Old bulbs in supermarkets

In article , David Hill david@abacus
nurseries.freeserve.co.uk writes
I'd get a couple of quids worth.at around a penny a bulb what have you to
loose, and you will probably find them in flower in about 6 weeks, them next
year just leaf and after that normal bulbs.

I know that's logical, since the flowers were formed during last
season's growth, but by the same token, if you grow them well this year,
then they should flower well in 2005.

My experience in a similar situation was that it was the first year that
didn't flower so well (ie some flowered in 6 weeks and others didn't),
but the next season was fine.

Will help if you feed them with a tomato feed as soon as they flower.

Or as soon as they've been in long enough to get some decent roots
going.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: