Old 16-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Pieris japonica

Pieris is one of those plants where you need to see the individual before deciding whether to use it as a bonsai. Sometimes you see one that has a nice root system, good branching and smallish leaves, and that's when you want to use it as a bonsai. But 9
9% of the time there's something wrong with the specimen that can't be corrected.

I've worked a lot with a close relative of pieris, enkianthus, which has the same habit and flowers. As you know, I like it very much.

To see a list of Pieris cultivars, go to:

http://www.roslynnursery.com/

Roslyn nursery has a great selection of them, although as I just said, I wouldn't order a pieris mail order- I'd want to see it in person.

-Nina

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++