Old 17-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Salty Thumb

Default My sympathy to John "Oz" Riley

"madgardener" wrote in :

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
c (TOM KAN PA) wrote in
:

AUSTRALIANS FACE BEER SHORTAGE

Australian beer drinkers are threatened with a beer shortage as the
thirsty summer season begins. Coopers Brewery in Adelaide, the
third largest brewer, had to temporarily suspend brewing week after
a gas plant fire on New Year's Day threatened energy supplies to
two states. While limited brewing has resumed, publicans said they
were concerned they may not be able to keep up with drinkers'
demands. "I'm quite worried, to be quite frank," Rising Sun
publican and owner John Osborne told ABC radio. Coopers, one of
Australia's oldest producers, could face brewing restrictions until
March. The brewery

entered 2004 with low stocks because December sales were up 18%.

What is a gas plant? Is it something you grow to heat up your
compost?

That would be Dictamnus Rutaceae, or Gas Plant GBSEGmadgardener

oh no! Now everybody knows the name is real, you crazy lovable
madgardener, even the smarmiest ones in the group like *somebody else we
all know and lo"(ve)|(athe)"

(sorry couldn't resist such a great setup ... apologies if confused)